Holy smokes, only 3 weeks left before your big move date. What should you be doing? What should you be worrying about? Well, nothing but here are some things you can be focusing on to help you keep up on organization and help you make the move go as smooth as possible.
- Notify your mover if there are any changes in the dates of your move. If you will need any additional accessorial service such as piano moving, packing and unpacking, storage you should inform the mover agent for pricing information. Also inform the mover agent if you add or subtract items from your planned shipment.
- Decide how much packing your will handle yourself. You should inform the mover agent of any items that you decided for him/her to pack.
- Whether you move your car with the mover agent or a car carrier, you should make your final reservation for a car pick up at this time.
- Consider giving your plants to friends or a charity if you are moving from one state to another. Some state laws prohibit the moving of houseplants.
- Make transportation arrangements for your pets. Take your pets to your veterinarian to ensure proper up to date health certificates and rabies inoculations. Some states will require these documents.
- You will need to carry all valuable jewelry with you. If you have any valuables around the house, be sure to collect them before leaving.
- Return any borrowed items such as library books. Also collect all items that are being repaired stored or cleaned (clothing, furs, shoes etc.).
- If you are moving to a building with an elevator make sure the elevator will be available on your intended day and time of arrival at your destination.
See, that list wasn’t so bad was it? Stay the course and you’ll not only ensure your move is successful but it will be enjoyable too.